Have you been taking good care of your dentures? Do you make sure to store them properly each and every night, as well as practice safe and effective damage prevention plans to ensure they don’t end up broken? For a refresher course of helpful tips, see below:
– If your dentures are damaged, do not try to fix them yourself. Rather, visit your dentist for repairs or a replacement.
– Exercise caution when handling your dentures. This includes being very careful when removing them, as they are fragile and can easily break.
– Dentures need to be cleaned daily so soak them overnight in a denture-cleaning solution. Approved cleaning solutions include plain water, hand soap, mild dishwashing liquid, and dentist-approved denture-cleaning products
– If your dentures dry out they will chip and crack. Always soak them when they are not in your mouth.
– Avoid the following products on your dentures: teeth whitening gels, hot water, toothpaste, bleach, and abrasive cleaning materials.
Be sure to take care of your dentures so they can continue to perform effectively. If you would like to speak with Dr. Peter Gangi and our team about dentures from a dentist in Sarasota, Florida, please schedule an appointment at our dentist office of Oneco Dental Care, by calling 941-462-4659. We will do our best to assist you in any way we can.